Prezi - would I use it? Maybe, I would likely default to PowerPoint but may consider Prezi. I like the controls in Prezi. They make it easy to create a presentation quickly. What I don't like is the lack of precision. Specifically I have a hard time changing fonts without knowing what size they are. I know it sounds crazy but I need exact font sizes not slide-smaller or slide-bigger.
As for ease of use, I didn't have any problems but my presentation is very basic. Others in the pod didn't seem to care for the navigation/controls - I did hear some muttering and cursing in the pod behind me.
This is a very short and simple presentation on music - the title says it all. I'm guessing there won't be a lot of fans of the tunes but if you want to check out my Prezi go to
The last three songs on my mp3 player...
Testing... (thanks Christine, I didn't see the embed link there either)
My husband loves Cash and the dropkick Murphys. Not sure about the third song though. How did you get Prezi to not automaticly start playing you videos once they were focused on? I can't figure it out.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about the lack of precision. My big issue was grouping things together in feilds (it work in some cases but not others - eventually I gave up for the night)
ReplyDeleteLove your Prezi especially Johnny Cash and Delia's gone. Good song, not sure about the other 2 though?lol
ReplyDeleteKim, I believe the videos don't auto-play because I don't have a path that leads to them. The path only leads to the invisible frame containing the text and the video.
ReplyDeleteChristine, I think my biggest problem with Prezi is thinking more "freeform" than I would with PowerPoint. It will probably just take some getting used to.